Tuesday 17 November 2009

My Photomontage

I have now completed my photomontage, and it is shown below. First I took a picture of a carpark entrance in Southborough, near my school, and copied it to make it mirrored. This created a surreal feel to the image. I then scanned in images from bmx magazines of different bmx riders. Some of them were in colour and some were in black and white. This is similar to other work by Martha Rosler. My once I had put all the images i wanted in the picture which is shown below:

I was happy with this as a final image but then I started to play around with the photo filters, and I added a warming filter to the image and it turned the sky a purple colour which I felt was a much more vivid colour. Below is the creenshot of the two together in photoshop:
After I had changed the the filter that was on the picture i added two lens flares to the streetlights in the background and then i felt it was finished. The final photomontage, inspired by Martha Rosler's work, is shown below:




No comments:

Post a Comment