Monday 4 January 2010

How I did my Stop Motion Animation

For our stop motion we had to use our own photos, and animate them. For my background I used a Hockney style joiner photo-montage, which made it very abstract and surreal. I chose my background which was a road and path. I then took a series of pictures in a panoramic view and 'joined' them together. I then moved my individual pictures across my background and with each movement, I took a freeze frame of that in Adobe Premiere, and it then automatically put all the frames together to create a video clip (an avi file), which then can be edited later on.
In my case I made my original animation, then realised it was too short so I had to take some more frames, which created a problem. I had to fit the two clips together, so I zoomed in on the time line where the first clip was, I selected the point where I wanted to split the clip and executed it. I then dragged the second clip into the middle of the first and they fitted together to form a longer clip which, I feel is better than the original as it isn't too short and gives the viewer more of a chance to see the different stages and techniques used to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment