Monday 28 September 2009

Changing Colour in Sections

Another way to change the colour in a photo is by selecting one section of it, in this case the bridge, and adjusting the hue/saturation of that particular part.
- Firstly I unlocked the background layer and then created a new, blank, layer on which I would put the copy of the bridge.
- Next, I used the magnetic lasso tool to go around the outline of the bridge, then I copied it and pasted it into the blank layer, in the same position as the original bridge.
- This copy of the bridge is on top of the original photo so when the colour of it is adjusted it is the only thing that is changed, not the whole photo.
- I adjusted the hue from 0 to -3, the saturation from 0 to 48 and the lightness from 0 to 5. this is shown in the print-screen below.



No comments:

Post a Comment